Enroll yourself now for our free training sessions – Click here to register
VisualSim Architect is the modeling and simulation software for systems engineering exploration of performance, power and functionality. Using this environment, users can construct debug, simulate, analyze and share their specifications in a graphical environment.
In VisualSim, users can assemble models of their system in a graphical model editor using pre-defined, pre-compiled, parameterized building blocks. These blocks have been highly optimized for simulation performance, have over 3000 pre-defined reports and are pre-compiled to reduce development time. Custom components can be created by combining blocks in a Hierarchical container, writing a VisualSim Script or interfacing to a variety of simulators and code components. Reports can be instantiated in the form of real-time plots, statistics and data tracing. Models can be embedded in documents for viewing and executing within a Web Browser.
The user can test the logic flow, check the operation correctness, debug, validate requirements and optimize the system to meet the requirements. Designers and architects can conduct trade-off studies by varying parameter values, modifying traffic stimulus and experiment with different system topologies. Models constructed in VisualSim Architect can combine different levels of abstraction (cycle-accurate to statistical) and different models of computation (digital, software and control systems).
VisualSim provides a Block Diagram Editor to quickly assemble multiple-level hierarchical models by drag-n-drop of components from a library folder. Graphical viewers can be placed in the model for real-time viewing or saving for offline analysis. A unique feature of Architect is the graphical debugging which makes model checking extremely fast.
Libraries form the basis of VisualSim modeling capability. VisualSim Architect comes with a standard large library of pre-built, parameterized building blocks. These blocks can range from a distribution-driven traffic generator to a processor. In addition, we provide a number of add-on libraries that address specific application and technology areas. To make the construction of new models easy and fast, templates are provided as starting models and in some case the detailed model themselves. Templates contain completed models with a set of requirements parameters and pre-built set of Reports.
VisualSim contains three different simulators that work seamlessly. The Timed computation is used to describe the timing, arbitration and power of a system. The Untimed Digital is a synchronous data flow computation used to describe DSP algorithms and imaging functions. The Continuous Time describes control and analog component activity.
- Optimal configuration and sizing of hardware
- Minimizing system response time through optimized cache/memory subsystems
- Identification of optimal power management concept
- Maximize application performance on a combination of processors, FPGA and ASICs
- Migrate the Software task assignment to massive multi-core processing systems
- Convergence to an optimal bus and network topology
- Hardware-Software partitioning to meet the requirements
VisualSim Explorer is a Web Server that enables models to be embedded in documents for viewing, simulation and analysis from within a Web Browser without any local software installation. The technology can be used to unify communication, conduct design reviews and get early customer involvement. Software download is not required for the end-user to view, but can execute VisualSim model within the Web Browser itself.
- Models can be viewed, modified and simulated within Web Page without a local install
- Models can be accessed from all OS platforms
- Models become the specification documentation, complete with a analysis tools to study design changes during implementation. Models can replace static gif/tiff images in documents.
- One (1) Server license can supports a large number of simultaneous users.
- Communicate the specification to all members of the team- internal, partners, consultants and customers
- Provide customer with early insight and allow them to experiment with different traffic and use case patterns.
- Replace reference designs in marketing collateral with a model that would emulate customer scenarios
- Advanced application could integrate model configuration with ordering systems
- Differentiate response to RFP with a differentiated and an early look into the system operation